Hairdresser and Founder of Ra Hair, Marylebone recently tried an overnight Alchemy Oils treatment using our Amla Hair Remedy hair oil, he reported that not only did it have surprisingly effective results in adding a healthy shine, it didn’t make his hair feel greasy when he washed it the next day, and he had the best nights sleep he’s had in a long time. This feedback got us thinking about our sleep ritual.
It is no secret that getting enough sleep has vast beauty benefits. However, it also has a wonderful impact on your mind and energy too. The key to improving both the quality of quantity of your sleep is to develop bedtime habits.
If you carry out the same set of behaviours, you body learns to associate these actions with triggering sleep hormones. Cameron Diaz is a celebrity that has created a bedtime routine so that when she’s in a new time zone and needs her sleep, she can quickly trick her body into thinking its tired.
We have put together a list of things you can do to create your own routine so you can develop healthy habits!
- Put your phone away so you can detox from technology. We recommend 7 – 8 hours sleep and that you don’t look at your phone or any technology for at least an hour before you sleep.
- Read a book. This is great for relaxation as it takes the mind into another world. Just 7 minutes of reading is enough to relax us by 66%.
- Brush your teeth, use mouthwash and floss.
- Remove your make up, cleanse, tone and moisturise.
- Get everything together for the next day so you are not over thinking and are relaxed.
- Stretch, do some yoga and take some deep breaths.
- Write down what you are grateful for.
- We also recommend you recount good things that happened during your day. Sometimes if can be easy to fall into the trap of thinking about the person who was rude to us, or the things we didn’t achieve. But if we turn our thoughts to what we do well, we will be much happier and therefore have more energy.
- Go to bed.