The ancient practice of tantric sex explores the ‘the weaving and expansion of energy’. With a history of over 5,000, this ‘slow sex’ converts lovemaking into a ritual to increase intimacy and the power of connection leading to mind-blowing male and female orgasm. Tantra may sound like some big commitment or huge lifestyle change, but in reality, it can start with a simple change in mindset. All it asks is that you slow down, and enable a slightly raised awareness of how you are feeling in that moment.
Time is one of the most valuable yet underrated gifts you can give to yourself or to someone else. So, whether you are spending Valentines Day by your selfie, or with bae, February 14th is the perfect excuse to stop and explore a new kind of night in. Here is our guide to increase intimacy with yourself or with your partner:
- Make time: find a time in your day, or evening, where you can switch off from the outside world.
- Candles & low lighting are a must: don’t underestimate the power of setting the mood and dimming senses such as sight, to increase your awareness of scent and touch.
- Breathe: ever tried meditation? Now is a great time to give it a go. If it doesn’t float your boat, taking a few deep breaths will help the rest of your day melt away and make sure your mind is calm & ready.
- Commit to the present: make a conscious effort to bring your mind back to the moment when it does stray.
- It’s time to get wet: pour you hair oil into your hand, rub your hands together and massage the oil in slow, circular motions through your own or through your partner’s scalp. Apply more oil directly to parting lines in the scalp to give you a frictionless massaging movement. Erogenous zones also include behind the ears and the nape of the neck.
- Create conscious awareness of your senses: notice how the movement makes you feel, register different pressures, temperatures, the smell of the oil and the sound of your surrounding.
- Drop expectation and agenda.
What happens next is up to you but… you’re welcome.
If you have read any of our articles before, you will know that natural, vegan and cruelty-free beauty is at the core of everything we create. Here are our favourite sexy, stylish, kind brands to make you go ‘ooo’:
- Unbound, who were built from a feeling that the world lacked a place to have fun, inclusive conversations around sex.
- Dame, created to close the pleasure gap.
- Adele Brydes, who hand-makes couture sex toys with a commitment to conscious sourcing.
- Smile Makers, who are on a mission to normalise the perception of female sexuality.
- Sustain is natural, non-toxic lube and condoms because your bits deserve the best.